Envisioned as a cabinet of curiosities, Gassendi museum proposes a permanent dialogue between art and sciences, between ancient art and contemporary art, between artworks inside the walls of the museum and outside.
Extend your visit at the museum and go discover the surrounding countryside, where a collection of artworks in nature is installed permanently, accessible free of charge. Temporary exhibitions and various events are presented throughout the year. keep updated !
64 Boulevard Gassendi
The museum is open all year
1 October to 14 May
9:00 to 12:00 & 13:30 to 17:30
except weekends: 13:30 to 17:30
15 May to 30 September
11:00 to 19:00
The museum is closed on Tuesdays and between Christmas and New Year’s Day and on holidays during the winter.
Full rate 6,00 €
Reduced rate 4,00 € (museum passport, cartes CCAS, passeport des musées, professionnels)
guided tour 8,00 € / adults and children from 12 years old (advance booking is obligatory)
Free of charge :
- Every first sunday of the month
- Up to 12 years old
- Students up to 21 years old
cash, debit/credit card, cheque
*The museum is accessible to people with reduced mobility, an elevator leads to all floors except the top floor.*
A shop with numerous books on the museum’s collections and artists, and also Saint Vincent star jewellery.
RESOURCES FOR YOUR VISIT
- audioguide in 7 languages (on loan free of charge from the reception area)
english, spanish, italian, deutsh, german, french
- two free applications for mobile phone and digital tablet: Gassendi Curiosity and Muséotopia (free download and loan of digital tablets from the reception area)
- guides, maps and websites for exploring the works in natural surroundings : refugedart.fr
and professionals mountains guides : L’art en chemin
15 Rue de la Grande-Fontaine
04000 Digne-les-Bains, France
Opening times: Monday to Friday
9:00 – 12:00 am / 2:00 – 6:00 pm
- The museum is a public place subject to collective rules and regulations.
- All visitors must be dressed properly and must behave with courtesy towards the museum’s staff and other users.
- It is forbidden to smoke inside the buildings.
- Animals are forbidden.
- It is forbidden to the museum’s exhibits and installations.
- The works and exhibits may be photographed and filmed only without flash and only for the visitor’s private use